Attending a coptic Church

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Feb 17, 2004
      All

      I had the privilege of attending a coptic church
      on Sunday. I noted many things

      1) During the Dypth, they remember our Patriach
      as the "Patriarch of their sister church", along
      with their Patriarch. I felt guilty that we are
      not doing the same.

      2) When they announced for receiving the Holly
      Communion, they announced 'Only members of
      SOC and Copic Chruch " are allowed. The
      same thing is written on a notice borad for
      info.

      3) I think they take Holly Blood and Body
      separate. Actualy they go to one side of Altar
      once and then go to the other side also.
      Actualy does any one know why they are doing so.?
      Actauly in our church we take the Holly Blood
      and Holly Body together. Because that is the way
      our Lord gave it to the Apostles. I wonder how
      they came to have this practice?

      Any comments?
      Paul Reji
      St. Ignatious Church
      Dallas
      From the Desk of Moderators

      Dear Mr. Paul,

      Regarding your statement in the first paragraph,
      It is not in the Malankara practice, but Syriac
      Orthodox Church remember the names of Coptic patriarch
      in the 1 diptychs of Holy Qurbono in the Middle East
      Churches
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members