Angels Part 3 - When they were created ?

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Feb 22, 2004
      2) When were they created

      They are created spirit being who were with God
      at the creation of the earth. (Job 38:6-7) Angels
      were created by God (Ps.148:2,5; Col.1:16). Only
      God had no beginning (1 Tim.6:16).

      Angels were created before the world and man
      (Job 38:6,7).

      Angels were created holy (Ezek.28:15; Jude 6).

      Some say that in Genesis when it says that God
      created the heaven and the earth, this is when
      God created angels as they are heavenly beings,
      so they were created at the beginning.

      Some say they were created with the light.

      When God said, "Let there be light"ยด andcreated
      this light, He also created angels-because angels
      are of light.

      So the two opinions are in harmony, hence God
      created the angels on the first day with the
      heavens and the light.

      References in the Liturgy

      There number is innumerable, in the Coptic Liturgy
      of St. Gregory we say "thousands of thousands
      standing before Thee and myriads of myriads serve
      Thee" A myriad is 10 000, so myriads of myriads
      means millions.

      In Revelation

      In Revelation, the apostle John saw a vision of an
      exceedingly great number of angels: "ten thousand
      times ten thousand, and thousands and thousands" -
      that comes to 100 trillion angels.

      Hence we cannot count them, they are many.

      NEXT - Their ranks and types

      Paul
      St. Ignatious Syrian Orthodox Church
      Dallas