Re: Holy Qurbana and our Priests

  • Dr.GeorgeK John
    Message 1 of 1502 , Feb 25, 2004
      Dear Respected and friends,

      The bold, authoritative and explisit posting of Chev.
      Dr Mathew was indeed thought provoking. several points
      he mentioned were really to be considered very soon.
      after reading it my heart was so much burdened. i
      thought and thought during meditation why it is freely
      being practiced in our holy church. several thought
      came to mind; however i am trying to share some of
      them.

      1. Holy Querbono is the only sacrement our Lord
      instituted in the church and was ordered to conduct
      till His second comming. it is a blessings,
      peace,sacrifice and praise. our participation in true
      meditation with our Lord which make this holy
      sacrifice a true praise to the Lord thereby to flow
      His bountiful blessings and heavenly peace to the
      world. otherwise what i feel that it becomes a
      decorated play acted by achan and few alterboys.

      The duplicate querbana and action play will increase
      in the church because satan wants to see the holy
      scarifice to be vanished from the earth.

      2. i am so sorry to talk about the clergy because any
      sin against Holy Spirit may not be pardoned. we must
      review the salection practice followed for clergy in
      our church. we must allow Holy Spirit to show His
      ordainees. if the current selection pratice was
      strictly followed in the church the most esteemed bava
      the hope of the church HB Thomas I the catholicose may
      not have raised to this position.

      3. we teach our children christian relegion and syrian
      church history. we also teach them the life of church
      fathers but we fail to show them the life founded on
      our faith and how to converse with our Lord. 'be still
      and find I am the God' are we teaching our children to
      meditate so that they may participate in holy querbono
      with real meditaion.

      4. when we stop the diversion of our tithe for winning
      over our own brothers the fortune Our Lord gifts us
      with the strong intercession of our saints could be
      truelly utilised to help the clery so that none of
      them will have to run behind extra income to support
      their family. there are so many ways to do it. if
      there is a will there is a way.

      i am here not to criticize any one when i am so poor.
      but once when i attended holy querbana in one of the
      gulf churches i was bodily pushed down by a self
      volunteer. i lost my balance because it was the time
      in the querbana holy spirit was flying down to over
      the holy mysteries and every one was asked to remain
      with fear and respect and pray.

      the crux of the problem i think is we never feel in
      our mind and body the presence of holy spirit
      therefore we may get bored with liturgy.

      with prayers

      Dr.GeorgeK John
      St Peter & St Paul Jacobite Church, Pengamuck
      St Thomas Orthodox Church , Dubai
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members