British Orthodox Church

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17 1:03 PM
      Dear All

      This chruch is based in Briton and is in
      communion with Coptic Chruch now. ( so
      aren't they in communion with us?).

      Roots. ( from their web site )
      "The British Orthodox Church was originally
      established in 1866 when a Frenchman, Jules
      Ferrette, was consecrated as a bishop by the
      Syrian Orthodox Church with the purpose of
      re-establishing Orthodoxy to the West."

      "Over the years this mission lost touch with
      its Eastern origins, but in 1994, under the
      leadership of our present bishop, discussions
      with the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate bore
      fruit and we were reunited with the Oriental
      Orthodox churches from which we had come"

      I wonder if they follow the same books as ours
      in Sunday service and in Other importance
      services. Does any one have more info?

      For more info,
      http://www.britishorthodox.org/about_boc.php

      regards