Re: "Holy Qurbana is boring "!!!

  • CJ Varughese
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2004
      Dear Ms. Susan,

      This refers to your posting in Digest 827 as Message 2.

      After going through your posting I feel PROUD, ENVY,
      and GUILTY at a time.

      You may ask, why I felt so PROUD of it? Because it gave
      me a great relief that there are people like you in our
      younger generation, who are well aware of the importance
      of our Holy Qurbana. Then, why I felt ENVIOUS? I am
      ENVIOUS not to you but to your parents. It is because
      your parents have done a wonderful job by inculcating a
      proper knowledge to their siblings, on the mistery of
      the Holy Qurbana. And that is you you could express
      about about it so beautifully. Then the third is GUILTY
      consciousness. Why I have the feeling of guilty
      consciousness, you know? Because I am not fully confident
      whether my daughters' will be able to express the way
      you did it could on the Holy Qurbana. No, I am sure they
      can't. It pinches me very much.I couldn't teach my
      children as your parents did it. Please convey my
      thanks and gratitude to your wonderful Dad and Mom.

      Dear Susan, as you said the comment on Holy Qurbana was
      made by one of our elder member. You know, now a days
      the philosophy swaying away our leaders and leity is
      PLURALISM. In the name of 'open -mindedness', 'broad
      thinking' and 'intellectual sophistication' convictions
      are thrown in the air. Open-mindedness has almost become
      like city sewer rejecting nothing. It will swallow
      anything. Compromises are being conveniently made in all
      realms of our life supported by own rhyme and reasons.
      One doesn't want to be under any rule or law. They never
      realize that "FREEDOM without responsibility results in
      life without MORALITY".

      Few from our members put the blame on our Priests and
      Leadership. As a believer one do not have any role to
      play? Can we put the blame only on them? Leaders never
      just jumped from heaven, they were given the
      responsibility to lead. If a lay man has got the ability
      to lead and teach and have other God-given talents, he
      should not bury it; use it for God's glory. Then only
      we can be able to overcome, otherwise the loss will be
      immeasurable.

      God Bless You,
      Your's in Christ,
      CJ Varughese