Spiritual Words./Jesus' last words

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2004
      Seven reported last sayings of Jesus as he was crucified.

      1) Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
      2) Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
      3) Woman, behold your son! Behold; your mother.
      4) Eli, Eli, la'ma sabach-tha'ni? *
      My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?
      5) I thirst.
      6) It is finished.
      7) Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit.

      * a quote of Psalm 21 in which the suffering and glory of
      the Messiah is predicted.