Request from St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church- Ludhiana-Punjab

  • Rev. Fr. Gheevarghese Manath
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2004
      ST. MARY'S JACOBITE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
      B-XI-2141, Hata Mohd Tair,
      Opp. C.M.C.H, Ludhiana
      Punjab
      (Under the Holy see if Antioch and the East)

      Dear members,

      St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Ludhiana
      came into existence in 2001. Our Church is a
      prominent constituent of the Jacobite Syrian Church of
      Malankara who have been a part of this country's
      culture since A.D. 52. Our church is registered as a
      society during the year 2001 with the sole aim to
      build a place of worship cum Education support centre
      to lend a helping hand to poor people. In order to
      translate this concept into practice, our members
      unanimously took a decision inspite of our financial
      constraints, to purchase a plot of land within
      Ludhiana District. We bought a piece of land in Vill.
      Bhamian, Tajpur road, Ludhiana for the purpose
      specified above.

      We are a very small group who find it extremely
      difficult to go ahead with further construction of the
      centre as per plan and program due to scarcity of
      funds.

      We therefore, appeal to you to kindly extend you whole
      hearted co-operation and closest support by way of
      sending your donations by Cheques/Drafts in favour of
      "St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church" to make
      this noble venture a grand success.

      Thanking you and God bless you all,

      In Christ,
      Fr. Gheevarghese Manath
      Vicar

      Correspondence Address:-

      Fr. Gheevarghese Manath (Vicar)
      St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian orthodox Church,
      B-XI-2141, Hata Mohd Tair,
      Opp. C.M.C.H, Ludhiana
      Punjab
      Tel :00 91 161 2570452
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2004
        "In accordance with God's most wise order in this
        world, one thing precedes another, and one is
        changed into another: dishonor and honor, poverty
        and wealth, health and sickness. Before bestowing
        wealth upon anyone, God often tries him by extreme
        poverty, depriving, on the other hand, the rich
        of everything; before honor, by dishonor; and
        those raised to honor, by humiliation, so that we
        may learn to value God's gifts, and not be proud
        in our prosperity, knowing that it is the gift
        of the Master, undeserved by us."

        St. John of Kronstadt.
        "My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and
        earth." Psalm 121:2
      • Shino Thomas Philip
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2004
          Dear all

          If any one know any website where we can download
          VALIYANOYAMBU PRARTHANAKAL in malayalam or english,
          please publish it in the forum.

          prayers

          Shino Thomas Philip
          St. James Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church
          Doha Qatar