HH.Elias III

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2004
      Dear All,
      One more Dhukarono of HH Elias III rd is over.
      HH as seen his Photo was a person with commanding
      Personality. The saint had even the power over nature.
      At this instance I feel it is my duty to bring to the
      attention of all readers An incident happened in HH life.
      ( I had written in this forum Earlier)

      This happened when, HH was received at Panambady St Mary's
      Jacobite church. HH was taken in a procession of boats
      at Kottayam and was on a 'Kettuvallam'. When the procession
      reached "Ellikal palam"(bridge)The sky was dark and a rain
      was imminent. When a few drops started falling people
      wanted to open umbrellas to protect HH from rain . All were
      worried and some one was going to open a 'Muthukoda"
      (decorated umbrella).(People who has seen monsoon in Kerala
      knows the gravity of situation)Seeing all this, HH commanded
      ' Lo Metro'.( No rain). It is a miracle that till all the
      program was over and people reach their homes, late night
      It did not rain. My father who was standing next to HH is
      witness. (At the age of 92 he still can narrate the incident).

      It is no wonder people come in thousands every year to the
      saints tomb

      Regards
      V.M. Thomas
      St. Mary's Jacobite Church