Ecumenism, Can I call it as a trap?

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9 12:04 AM
      Dear All

      These days we see lot of so-called Ecumenical
      activities. Some years ago it was only within
      the Apostolic Churches, but now it is wider and
      become for all Christians.

      What I understand, Ecumenism means work together
      with accepting all the difference for the better
      of the community. May be I am wrong. Please
      correct me if I am.

      But what acutely happening in this so-called
      Ecumenical meeting? We (Jacobite / Orthodox)
      scarifying their faith for the better of
      community through the so-called Ecumenical
      movement.

      Here in Gulf I attended many so-called Ecumenical
      Prayer. What all they do is follow the faith and
      prayers of the Protestants. Unfortunately I know
      some of Jacobite members who lead these prayer
      groups accept this and argue that, it is for the
      unity of the Body of the Christ.

      I am sure it is not different in Kerala or USA.
      It is shame full to see that our respected Bishops
      and Priests also attend these sort of function
      and prayers and keep mum of these practice.

      Why the so-called Ecumenical does not accept our
      faith? Why we should go along with this drama?

      At last what is happening? We are loosing our
      believers especially the younger generation.

      I appreciate the Catholic Churches, they do not
      entertain these sort of activities much comparing
      to the Jacobite / Orthodox Church.

      Who is to be blamed? Ordinary believers or the
      church leadership?

      In Christ
      Aji Thomas David
      Kadissa Church, Kayamkulam