"Holly Qurbana is boring "!!!

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1039 , Jan 29, 2004
      Surprised that such a heading?

      That is what adult ( both female) members told me in
      a meeting.

      Their arguments

      1) what we are doing is 'ritual'. Because I am 'not getting'
      any thing out of this.
      2) service is long. who can concentrate for 1.5 to 2 hours.
      3) what is the meaning of all Syriac word used here? who knows?.
      Why use it, when no one understands? Even in Mal or English
      why all this slang?
      4) tell me how many people know the words? how many concentrate
      and pray?
      5) how many times we are reciting Lord's Prayer. ? isn't it one
      enough?
      6) If I go to 'Protestant paster' I feel like I get some thing
      They are addressing social issues. So I can identify with it.
      It is useful.
      7) I come to the church, just because I used to do it from my
      childhood.
      8) Do you know the meaning ( or need for) the ritual achan is
      doing.

      9) Don’t tell me, that any one outside your church is going
      to hell. ( For which I said, church do not make Judgments
      our Lord Jesus do. All I am saying is this church follows
      apostolic teachings.

      10) How do you know? How do you know for that matter
      that 'name of the paster' is wrong?

      11) So I told her, read the book "what shall I do to be saved?"
      for which she said "it is too difficult to read!"
      12) God loves all. So it does not matter which church you go?

      Dear brothers? do you face these kind of questions? I am not
      answering anyone today. Hopefully some members of this forum will
      do it. But it is high time, that we realize a couple of things

      1) Church need good teachers and teaching methods. Some how
      our Sunday school is not meeting its objective. Even though
      I to am a teacher, I am not sure where we fail?
      2) Marriage- when this come, people will forget faith. Once married
      to other factions, gradually you are swayed to other faiths.

      3) Parents has no idea of our faith, importance of it, or has any
      interest or motivation to learn it.If parents are faithful
      children are too.

      4) they don’t come for Holly Qurbana on time. Most shows up
      when 'Doopa' prayers is commenced. Actually the
      Holly Qurbana has ended. People care about how long our
      Holly Mass is ? (To be fair, each generation added prayers to
      the Holly Mass. and now it is quite lengthy)

      5) Pray at home, read bible. Read one faith book/year!

      Comments ?

      In Lord

      Paul Reji
      St. Ignatius Church, Dallas