Diocese of Cosmopolis

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 1039 , Jan 29, 2004
      Dear Moderators,

      I have seen postings in the oriental orthodoxy forum
      regarding a diocese called the 'Diocese of Cosmopolis'
      of the Syriac Orthodox Church. The so called Bishop of
      this so called Diocese is H.G Hadrian Mar Elijah Bar Israel.

      I would like to remind the members of this forum that there
      is no such Diocese of Cosmopolis in the Syriac Orthodox Church
      under H.H Zakka I. And the so called H.G Hadrian Mar Elijah Bar
      Israel doesn't have an episcopal or even a priestly ordination
      from any canonical orthodox Bishop.

      From the oriental orthodox forum, I quote: "At the present
      time, His Grace, Hadrian Mar Elijah Bar Israel is in active
      discussions with both the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch,
      and the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, asking for his
      diocese to be accepted into full communion. The priests of
      the Diocese are learning the Aramaic language. However, at
      this time, we do not claim to be in full communion with these."

      So the so called Diocese of Cosmopolis might be in consultation,
      but as of now they are not part of the Syriac Orthodox Church.

      I hope and pray that they accept the true faith and join the Holy
      Church.

      In Christ
      Mathew G M
      St.Johns Church, Ayyampalli