Re: [SOCM-FORUM] My concespt of unity:

  • BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2002
      ---
      From the desk of:
      ( Vayaliparambil Pynadath ) BPM
      BIBU PHILIP MATTHEW M
      B.E.(CSE)

      32/1981; NETAJI ROAD
      COCHIN-682 024
      SOUTH INDIA

      email:bibuphilipmathew@...
      :hellobibu@...

      NB:Mail checked once in a month by guarantee.

      To Barethobero Mr.D Babu Paul,

      Dear Sir,

      In your concept of Unity, you have mentioned about Mor Gregorios
      of Alwaye, is he Mor Gregorios Vayaliparambil ?.Can you explain
      about the compromise he made in 1958 to etablish unity .What is
      so great about this act ? The established peace stood only for
      few years, during this time secratery of mor Gregorios
      (Mor Theophilos-kottayam)who became bishop after his death
      laid hands on all institutions established by Mor Gregorios,
      one being Mor.Athanasious High School in Nedumbassery and later
      joined Methran kashi.This is the main job of Metran Kashi,
      conquering 1 by 1 all churches of jacobites by hook, book or crook.

      jacobite Church is the most democratic church in the world,
      Mulanthuruthy Synod(organised by Mor Gregorios of Parumala declaring
      loyalty to Holy Throne of Antioch in 1876) and leaning cross event
      of 1653 are the best examples,we adopted democracy even before India
      became one.Hence those who want to leave syrian Church and establish
      new throne of Thomas should leave the church and should also leave
      the properties of Jacobites when they leave if they are Christians.

      I see this as a never ending conflict, like India-Pakistan conflict,
      like Pak terrorism,Methran Kashi uses Subversion.HH.Patriarch is a
      true christian when catholicose insist on HH title,Patriarch uses
      'Servant of Servants of the Lord" title.Patriarch wants peace in India,
      so he is always forgiving but each time he forgives he is deceived like
      Pakistan towards India.Let me quote Daniel Defoe

      Whenever God erects a place of worship
      Devil always builds a chapel there
      And on examination it will be found
      That latter has a greater congregation

      Do you mean to say that the Antiochian ties should
      exclusivly remain only for Simhasana churches and all
      other churches should be under Catholicose of Methran Kashi.
      Is not this a tacit policy ?

      Do you see threat of disintegration ,in this division ?
      Is it what happened to Thoziyur church as you say ?

      Do you say that 'majority is always right' ?

      I dont agree with you,Mr.Babu Paul. Some say we are under Syrians,
      so what we have given Syrian church of Antioch the right to do
      priestly service for us, they have shown their sincerity
      and love of Christ in this alliance by even dying for
      preservation of so called Indian Church, which better priest
      can we get than Judo-christian genuine Syrian prophets . HH.Patriarch
      is a true christian so many bishops are betraying him for power
      and wealth , Pope would never tolerate all this ,catholic church has
      time only to confess of sins.HH.Patriarch never asked for temporal
      power in malankara, it is genuine syrians who at their self free
      will accept Throne of St.Peter. Even mor Gregorios of Parumala named
      church as St.Peter's Church, this is not a small thing.

      Jacobite Church may split again, syriac prayer says God ' refine the
      church by removing unwanted elements' as true root of Judo christian
      tribe of Israel.Hence in the end genuine Jacobites may be small , Abraham
      the father of nations had only Issac has his true heir.

      What does the so called Indian Orthodox church has apart from inheriting
      prayers, faith , customs , Syriac, black dress from Throne of Antioch ?

      We dont have to feel inferiority complex,jealous with the Holy Throne
      of Antioch,Only the truth will make free, the truth few finds.
      sincerely,
      Signed BPM
    • DANIEL BABU PAUL
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 15, 2002
        you are entitled to your views.
        Theophilos thirumeni was never secretary to Gregorios Thirumeni, just a
        factual correction.there are other inaccuracies but I have no intention to
        waste my time on correcting "closed minds"; sorry.
        TOTUS TUUS MARIA
> [...]
        > and wealth , Pope would never tolerate all this ,catholic church has
        > time only to confess of sins.HH.Patriarch never asked for temporal
        > power in malankara, it is genuine syrians who at their self free
        > will accept Throne of St.Peter. Even mor Gregorios of Parumala named
        > church as St.Peter's Church, this is not a small thing.
        >
        > Jacobite Church may split again, syriac prayer says God ' refine the
        > church by removing unwanted elements' as true root of Judo christian
        > tribe of Israel.Hence in the end genuine Jacobites may be small , Abraham
        > the father of nations had only Issac has his true heir.
        >
        > What does the so called Indian Orthodox church has apart from inheriting
        > prayers, faith , customs , Syriac, black dress from Throne of Antioch ?
        >
        > We dont have to feel inferiority complex,jealous with the Holy Throne
        > of Antioch,Only the truth will make free, the truth few finds.

      • J P
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2002

          Babu Paul Sir,

          Can you please explain the meaning of  "TOTUS TUUS MARIA"

          John

          Download exciting Logos, Picture Messages & Ringtones for your mobile phonenew
        • DANIEL BABU PAUL
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 6, 2002
            All for you, O Mary. these were words uttered by Pope JP II as he fell down when he was shot at. I have adopted it as my email signature.
            TOTUS TUUS MARIA

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 13, 2002

              Recently, I have read some articles criticizing the Church for referring it to as  ‘SYRIAC Orthodox ’ instead of  ‘SYRIAN’ Orthodox Church.  I would like to point out some of the points that came to my mind.

              1.    According to the decision of the Church, the new reference ‘Syriac’ at present is applicable only to English speaking countries.  This I think is clearly explained during the announcement of the said decision.

              2.    The motivation behind the changing of name from ‘Syrian’ to ‘Syriac’ in America (and English countries) was to distinguish between “Syrian migrants” who were the ex-citizens of Syrian Nation  and  the “Syriani Christians” who may be from not only Syria, but also from other countries.  The Church was forced to take this decision because of some ethnic problems, which is mentioned in the concerned encyclical of His Holiness and was implemented just before the American census of 2000.  Further it is also clearly explained in the concerned encyclical that the name change is applicable only in the English speaking countries.

              3.    In Kerala, the Church will be continued to be referred as “SURIYANI” it being a   Malayalam speaking area;  similar is the case among the Arabic-speaking people of Syria where it will be mentioned as “SYRIANI” as before.

              ie; in the Middle East, where the general public’s language is Arabic, the English word ‘Syriac’ will be continued to be referred according to their local language, same is the case in Kerala where the local language is Malayalam.

              4.    Again it is to be noted that the English term ‘SYRIAN’ came into existence only with the British influence over the Asian countries.   Before the 18th centaury, our ancient Suriyani Church doesn’t had a presence in any of the English speaking countries.  The migrations to western countries started only by the 19th centaury.

              So earlier there wasn’t a slightest need for using an English word ‘Syrian’ by our Church in the Middle East or India.  Thus it is very clear that this English term ‘Syrian’ in our ancient “Suriyani Church” has only a few centuries influence.  In short, there is nothing like a sentimental or canonical support, to insist on using the term ‘Syrian’,  instead of ‘Syriac’  which is presently used by our Church in English speaking countries.

              So there is nothing wrong or extra-ordinary, if the Church is to be referred as ‘SYRIAC  Church’ instead of ‘SYRIAN’ in English.

              Also I think ‘Syriac’ is the apt translation of the Malaylam term ‘Suriyani’.

              Download new Yahoo! Messenger, with webcam Webcam facility