Spiritual Words

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      O Name of Jesus,
      key to all gifts,
      open up for me the great door to your treasurehouse
      so that I may enter and praise you
      with the praise that comes from the heart
      in return for your mercies
      which I have experienced in latter days;
      for you came and renewed me
      with an awareness of the New World.

      I give praise to your holy nature, Lord,
      for you have made my nature
      a sanctuary for your hiddenness
      and a tabernacle for your Mysteries,
      a place where you can dwell,
      and a holy temple for your divinity.

      -- Prayers of Saint Isaac of Nineveh, in, "The Syriac Fathers On
      Prayer And The Spiritual Life," translated from the original Syriac-
      Aramaic by Sebastian Brock, Cistercian Publications
      "Who can tell if God will turn and relent, and turn away fir HIS
      fierce anger so that we may not parish"
      -Jonah 3:9