Re: St.Mary's Church Bangalore is elevated as a Cathedral

  • Alex Jojo Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      Dear Binoy,

      St.Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral, New Delhi
      is also our church and again in the same diocese..,
      Delhi church got Cathedral status long back.

      Regards
      Jojo
      St.Mary's JSO Cathedral,Queen's Road, Bangalore
      St.George JSO Chapel,Kavumbhago, Thiruvalla
      Dear Binoy,

      It was with immense joy that I read this message.
      I think that our Church at New Delhi, St. Peter's
      Cathedral is also a Cathedral and it has the rare
      distinction of being recognized as the 'Eastern
      Cathedral of His Holiness, the Patriarch'.
      Correct me if I am wrong.

      rgds
      Manoj George
      St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church
      Athyadi - Karnataka
      In his posting Mr. Binoy of St. Mary's Cathedral,
      Bangalore stated that it is the first church in
      Outside Kerala Diocese which got the Cathedral
      Position. Please note that St. Peter's Cathedral, New
      Delhi got this position somewhere in 1994-95 from H.H.
      Patriarch.

      John Mancha
      Bangalore
      St. Mary's Cathedral
      Mr.Binoy Arakkunnam hasmentioned in his message that
      St,Mary's cathedral Bangalore isthe first Cathedral in the
      out side Kerala diocese. This statement is incorrect. The
      first cathedral inthe out side Kerala diocese is
      St. Peter.s Cathedral , New Delhi- The eastern Cathedrtal
      of the Patriarch of Antioch and all the east. St.peter's
      Cathedral is not apart of the newly created arch diocese
      of greater India. It is the second athedral of the
      Patriarch and a part of the Out side kerala diocese of
      the Jacobite syrian orthodox church.

      C.T.Jacob
      St.Peter's cathedral.
      New Delhi