Re: LOVE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR CHRISTIANS

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2004
      Dear Mr.Oommen

      There is no fight here. There is only suffering.
      JSC see it that way. We are struggling to preserve
      the truth handed down by apostles. We did not
      close any IOC church. Just trying to hold on where
      we are absolute majority. That is we are defending
      "the Bride of Jesus".

      People just talk about LOVE is JSC people? This
      gives an impression that in Kerala, two factions are
      mutualy fighting! No. In any parish were IOC is
      majority, we are not fighting. NOT EVEN IN ONE.
      Even Parumala church and Thrikkunnath seminary are
      all owned by JSC. In Aluva JSC is majority.
      So dont use the word mutual fighting. IN ALL
      churches where JSC is majority, IOC causes JSC
      to struggle.

      If JSC give away all churches and accept the faith
      of dissidants, that is love. Otherwise mutual fighting.

      Church is not about love always. Look at the following
      verses

      1) The whole of Chapter two written by St. Peter, deals
      about this. This is very significant, as he was the
      administrative head of the church. In short, chapter
      two tells us that that they and their followers will be
      punished in the most heinous manner.

      2)"If any one comes to you and does not bring this
      doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet
      him" (2 John 10)

      3)One Should keep away from (avoid) such people.
      (Rom 16: 17,18 )

      4)They (such heretics) are accursed, even if they are
      from heaven. (Gal 1:6, 8)

      5)"There will be false teachers, prophetsÂ…. who will
      bring in destructive heresies even denying the Lord who
      bought them and bring themselves to self-destruction? And
      many will follow their destructive waysÂ….. because of whom
      the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they
      will exploit you with deceptive words. For a long time
      their judgment has not been idle and their destruction does
      not slumber" (2 Peter 2: 1-3).

      BUT most people seems to write , think and talk as if our
      LORD said only two verse. 'LOVE your neighbour"

      in Christ

      Paul
      St. Ignatius Church
      Dallas