Points to Ponder- St.Thomas and Ophir.

  • George Joyce
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2004
      Hello All,

      I would like to bring to the notice of all
      enthusiastic historians in the church to pursue the
      real truth of our historical truth regarding the
      following:

      1. The Holy Remains of St.Thomas --the Holy remains
      are not transferred to Edessa and the the prevailing
      historical writings are merely a fabrication of the
      Portugese. The Holy remains were buried at "Judapetta"
      where he was killed and later on transferred to
      Edessa( Malayattoor Kurishumudi) and not the one in
      middle east. It was mistaken for the Edessa in Syria.

      2. There are clear evidences that St.Thomas preached
      at Kothamangalam enroute to his journey to Mylapore or
      towards China. He converted many Brahmins into
      Christianity at Chelad a village near to Kothamangalam
      including the Cheladans a prominent Hindu.

      3. The location of Ophir and the travel of The Holy
      Wise men to Jerusalem.

      Its evident from history that enough reasons are there
      to believe that Ophir(known as Parvaim in one
      period)is none other than Kerala and possibly Piravom
      and the wise men started the travel from Piravom. It
      is worth to note that the churches in Piravom are in
      the name of the Holy Kings and are the only ones in
      the world.

      If the location of Ophir is foundout,it will unveil
      many hidden clues of the historical past of
      Kerala-Proto history of Kerala.

      I would invite the valiuable scribblings from our
      readers to further investigate the truth.

      Yours truly,

      K.George Joyce
      St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church,
      Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.

      Home Parish : St.Stephen's Bes Ania Church,
      Chelad,Kothamangalam.