Sunday School Books

  • Thomas Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      Dear James K John
      Director, MSOSSA North America

      I had seen your posting about the printing of
      Sundary School Books and your argument about
      the Sharjah Church's s.s.textbook published on
      the net.

      You may please note that we, the sunday school
      teachers of St. Peter's Church sunday school in
      Bahrain requested our S.S. President H.G. Joseph Mor
      Gregorius about printing s.s.books in English long
      before and actually paid our contribution for doing
      so. Before two years, we received the text book
      in CD (soft copy) for 1-9 classes and asked us to
      print it here. However, when we printed it here,
      we saw that most of the text books were with full
      of spelling mistakes and disjointed sentences.

      We were forced to use this books in our sunday school,
      as we were not aware about the Sharjah Church site
      and the books availability there. Last week when I see
      the posting about that site, I checked it and downloaded
      the Xth class book and found it extremely good. I really
      appreciated their hard work.

      I am not seeing your work in this regard as small, but
      wonders the work of our MJSSA's efforts in this regard.
      As from our experience, we are not at all happy about the
      people working behind this project.

      You only mentioned that since 1996 this project was going
      ahead and it released after 5 years!!! How wornderfu work
      of a dedicated Sunday School Association!!!!

      Thomas Abraham
      St. Peter's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church - Bahrain
      St. Mary's Church - Manarcad, Kottayam