Prayers of Saint Isaac of Nineveh

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      I beg and beseech You, Lord, grant to all who have
      gone astray a true knowledge of You, so that each
      and every one may come to know Your glory.

      0 Christ who are covered with Light as though with
      a garment.... May Your divinity, Lord, take pleasure
      in me, and lead me above the world to be with You.

      Illumine before me the path of darkness by means of
      the brilliance of awareness of You.

      O Name of Jesus,
      key to all gifts,
      open up for me the great door to your treasurehouse
      so that I may enter and praise you
      with the praise that comes from the heart
      in return for your mercies
      which I have experienced in latter days;
      for you came and renewed me
      with an awareness of the New World.

      I give praise to your holy nature, Lord,
      for you have made my nature
      a sanctuary for your hiddenness
      and a tabernacle for your Mysteries,
      a place where you can dwell,
      and a holy temple for your divinity.

      - Prayers of Saint Isaac of Nineveh, in,
      "The Syriac Fathers On Prayer And The Spiritual Life,"
      translated from the original Syriac- Aramaic
      by Sebastian Brock, Cistercian Publications

      Collected by:

      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Cheppaud, Alleppy (Dist), Kerala, India
      http://groups.msn.com/StGeorgeSyrianOrthodoxChurchCheppaud