Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2004
      Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

      Two brethren went to an elder who lived alone in Scete.
      And the first one said, "Father, I have learned all of
      the Old and New Testaments by heart." The old man said
      to him, "You have filled the air with words." The other
      one said, "I have copied out the Old and New Testaments
      and have them in my cell." And to this one, the old man
      replied, "You have filled your window with parchment. But
      do you not know Him who said, 'The kingdom of God is not
      in words, but in power?' And again, 'Not those who hear
      the Law will be justified before God but those who carry
      it out.'" They asked him, therefore, what was the way of
      salvation, and he said to them, "The beginning of wisdom
      is the fear of the Lord, and humility with patience."

      From the Desert Fathers.
      "By humility and the fear of the Lord Are riches and honor
      and life." Proverb 22:4