Year End New Year - News Roundup- Kuwait

  • Babu Maracheril
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      Dear brothers in Jesus

      Hearty Greetings in the name of our Lord to all the
      Leaders and Members of the blessed Universal Jacobite
      Syrian Church.

      The year-end and the New Year was of a very happy
      notation and mixed feelings to the parishner of Kuwait
      St: George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church.

      Their parish in-charge H.G. Mor Julius Kuriakose was
      with them during the Holy Services of Christmas and
      New year.

      Christmas Service was celebrated on 24th Wednesday
      Midnight at 1 AM. to 4 AM. A crowd between 350 & 450
      braving the severe winds and a chilling 4�C attended
      the Holy Mass. We have the practice of breaking Lents
      at the Church after the Mass - Cakes and Coffee were
      ready for all - many Christian brothers even from other
      congregations and factions attended our services as usual.

      On Friday 26th December, The Sunday School celebrated their
      26th Anniversary (2002/2003)under the patronage and
      presidency of HG Mor Julius who distributed trophies to
      the winners of Academic, Attendance and Arts (Baalasamajam)

      All 15 students who appeared for the examination in the Xth
      class passed colorfully and they all received certificates
      and trophies from their bishop and also received hearty
      felicitations from the parents, parish members and The Vicar
      / President of the Sunday School Rev. Fr. Jain Thomas
      Kulathumkal. Refreshments were served to all attendees.

      In other classes, 149 passed (out of 153 who appeared) in
      the final exam for the year. There are 159 students, in 11
      classes from UKG to 10th served by 13 teachers. And in the
      current year 93 students participated in the JSVBS very
      enthusiastically. May we praise our Lord the Almighty who
      take care of this Sunday School and we seek, take solace
      in the intercession of our Patron Saint George The Martyr,
      St: Mary The Mother of Our Lord and the Founder and Patron
      Saint of MJSSA; Late Lamented HG Mor Athanasius Paulose
      (Our Valiayathirumeni) and all our other saints.

      Shri George Varghese (Ravi) Mannakuzhi, (a familiar name
      to the SOCM Digest readers) who was serving the parish
      selflessly since it's very early years in various positions
      like Managing Committee Member, Church General Secretary,
      Sunday School Teacher and the Chief Verger at the Altar;
      is leaving Kuwait to re-join his family back in Kerala.

      His departure is a loss for this parish and has created
      a vacuum. Even though the parting is painful for us, we
      would like to wish him and his family a peaceful, prosperous
      and happy retired life back home and we also pray for the
      same. We are sure that our church, especially his parish
      will be blessed and benefited with his sincere services.
      Any lips and hands which are/were worshiping and serving
      God; cannot stay idle. May his services be well rewarded
      by God The Almighty.

      HG Mor Julius presented him the Memento of the Parish
      after the Holy Mass and was praised the services rendered
      by him to the parish and he expressed his thanks.

      The Festivals of January 1 along with the New Year Services
      were celebrated after Wednesday 31st Dec. midnight,
      1 AM to 3.30 AM.

      After celebrating the Holy Mass of Friday Morning, HG Mor
      Julius returned to Damascus on 2nd January 2004 at 6 PM.
      Lots of parishners were present at the airport to see
      him off.

      Stay blessed
      Babu Maracheril