Congratulations to the New Archbishop.

  • Babu Vadakedath
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      Congratulations to H E Archbishop Eldo Mor Tithos,
      and the Archdiocese for this blessed occasion.

      We have to thank Our Supreme Head HH Moran Mor Ignatius
      Zakka 1 Iwas the Patriarch for taking necesary actions
      when this Archdiocese suffering.

      The people who suffer the torturing of anti Patriarch
      group knows the importance of our church and her leaders.
      When I heard the new Archbishop's name I remembered what
      I read about Titus.

      Titus was one of St. Paul's converts and a considerable
      help to Paul in his ministry. When Paul left Antioch to
      discuss "his" gospel with the Jerusalem leaders, he took
      Titus with him, acceptance of Titus as a Christian without
      circumcision vindicated Paul's stand there. Presumably T
      itus, who is bot referred to in Acts, worked with Paul at
      Ephesus during the third missionary journey. From there
      the apostle sent him to Corinth to help that church with
      its work.

      Following Paul's release from his Roman imprisonment, he
      and Titus worked briefly in Crete, after which he
      commissioned Titus to remain there as his representative
      and complete some needed work. Paul asked Titus to neet
      him at Nicopolis when a replacement arrived. Later,
      Titus went on a mission to Dalmatia, the last word we
      hear about him in the NT. Considering the assignment
      given him, he obviously was a capable and resourceful
      leader.

      When we read Titus chapter 1 Paul was directing Titus
      what to do in his new region.

      1:5 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might
      straighten out what left unfinished and appoint elders
      (priests) in every town, as I directed you An Elder
      (priest) must be blamless, the husbhand of but one
      wife, a man whose children believe and are not open
      to the charge of being wild and disobedient.. Since
      an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be
      blameless not overbearing not quick-tempered, not
      given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuting
      dishonest gain. Rather he must be hospitable, one
      who loves what is good. who is self controlled
      upright, holy and disciplined.

      He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it
      has been taught, so that he can encourage other by
      sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

      If we read all Titus chapter 1 through 3 it is very
      interesting. I am not writing this to blame anyones
      feelings. most of these lines I wrote taken from
      Holy Bible.

      I did not mean to hurt anyones feeling. I am a
      victim of writing the truth. I lost lot of my friends,
      property damages, peace lost in family, church.

      Why all these, hope this new year will bring us
      together as a unified family.

      Love each other God Said Hate Sin and Love sinners.
      that i did.

      Babu Vadakedath
      St. Mary's Jacobite Church
      Manarkadu