TO ADD AND READ ON CHURCH ELECTIONS

  • Babu Maracheril
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      Dear brothers

      Addendum to the practical instrustions sent in by
      mr Joykutty, Detroit, It would be nice if you could
      add and read these lines too.

      Try to avoid alcaholics from church administration
      and if possible - amend your constitution, bye-laws
      and penal codes so that no alcaholics come in the
      hurch administration nor let them enter the altar
      to serve the God.

      The Epistles of St: Paul very clearly instruct us
      about the qualities of a church administrator.

      Why? Because; 64 times the scripiture talks against
      drinking and it's adverse consequences - I know that
      many of you may not like this idea.

      I think it is already late for our church to act.
      In this week's X-Mas service message, our Diocesean
      Metropolitan Mor Julious very clearly instructed
      the parishners to refrain from drinking during this
      Holy Season. I personally believe that many of the
      problems in our church and our families can be
      avoided if we keep alcaholics away - and in another
      way it will encourage our sheeps to stop drinking so
      that they can come into the main frame.

      There are many of our families shedding tears becos
      of the alcaholic problems among their family memers -
      social drinking leads to deeper sitautions. Let us
      pray for those families and may God bless their
      beloved ones for redemption from this addiction.
      Let our Holy Church come back to the basics.

      Yours in love of our Lord & Christ Jesus

      Babu Maracheril
      Kothamangalam Valiya Pally
      Kuwait SGUSO Church