Are we brothers?

  • ajithomasdavid
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2002
      Dear Brothers at SOCM

      Is this forum for infighting within Jacobite faction? Why we have to
      fight each other? Let us discuss things within Christian spirit. I am
      sure there are Catholicose faction supporters in this forum. What
      they will think about us? I think they are succeeding what they want.
      They already got some of our Methrans; now through this forum they
      will get some flocks also.

      I saw members are pro and anti for the unity in Malankara. Both have
      their own reasons. But members who are willing or sacrificing the
      faith for the unity must understand the trap their. When all others
      and we are try to get unity within the Church, let's see what the
      Catholicose factions are doing through the electronic media. The
      respected Dr. Babu Paul's answer to this forum members is become the
      new weapon for them. Were ever they can post it they are doing it.
      Same letter is already transmitted through the IOC forum with Yahoo
      Groups and also I found same article appeared in the "Indian orthodox
      Herald" www.orthodoxherald.com

      Please go to their St. Grigorious, DC Church web page, under the
      title "Vattaseril Geeverghese Mar Dionysius Metroplitan"
      http://www.stgregorioschurchdc.org/cgi/xpage.cgi?doc=vattasseril.doc
      were you can see their attitude to Patriarch Of Antioch. In this
      eleventh hour even they did not shown a courtesy of the respect to
      that Ancient Patriarchate, which is given and honor by all other
      Christian groups regardless their faith.

      So please stop this infighting and let us discussed some other things
      such as our faith, traditions, etc, so we can grow in our spiritual
      life and faith. I am sure such as Fr. John; Dr. Paul, Mr. Jacob, Mr.
      Daniel and many can help and contribute their knowledge.

      Now regarding the Malankara let the God Almighty take care about it.
      As long as the tombs of Parumala Bava, Manjinikara Bava, Kothamangalm
      Bava and Sreshta Bava exist in Indian soil, our relation with the
      Ancient Patriarch will continue.

      Let us submit our church in the intersection of our father and
      guardian Apostle St. Thomas

      Aji David
    • PAUL POTHEN
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2002

        Dear Moderator,

        I fully support the views of Ajith, now is the time to work for the unity in our church. Instead if we go on arguing against our own faith in our own forum then naturally the opposite�faction�may become succusseful in creating a further confusion�in our Church.� So my humble request to the moderator is to scrutinise the�messages before posting in the forum.� Let this be a forum to promote Jacobite faith.

        When�going through orthodoxherald.org, i saw in the latest news items the posting from Babu Paul ("A Statement By Dr. Babu Paul Of Patriarchal Side"), that was earlier published in this forum which unnecessarily criticizes the Jacobite position.� As Ajith as said, in this way the opposite side are trying to create much�confusion in our Church.

        So my humble request to the moderator is to scrutunize all the postings before publishing it in a forum for promoting Jacobite Syrian Church. Otherwise it may create much damage than that created by the opponents.�

        With love

        Paul