Spiritual Words. Happy New Year

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      "We ought all of us always to give thanks to God for
      both the universal and the particular gifts of soul
      and body that He bestows on us. The universal gifts
      consist of the four elements and all that comes into
      being through them, as well as all the marvelous works
      of God mentioned in the divine Scriptures. The
      particular gifts consist of all that God has given to
      each individual. These include wealth, so that one can
      perform acts of charity; poverty, so that one can endure
      it with patience and gratitude; authority, so that one
      can exercise right judgment and establish virtue;
      obedience and service, so that one can more readily
      attain salvation of soul; health, so that one can assist
      those in need and undertake work worthy of God; sickness,
      so that one may earn the crown of patience; spiritual
      knowledge and strength, so that one may acquire virtue;
      weakness and ignorance, so that, turning one's back on
      worldly things, one may be under obedience in stillness
      and humility; unsought loss of goods and possessions, so
      that one may deliberately seek to be saved and may be
      helped when incapable of shedding all one's possessions
      or even of giving alms; ease and prosperity, so that one
      may voluntarily struggle and suffer to attain the virtues
      and thus become dispassionate and fit to save other souls;
      trials and hardship so that those who cannot eradicate
      their own will may be saved in spite of themselves, and
      those capable of joyful endurance may attain perfection."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.
      "You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip
      with abundance." Psalm 65:11
      Beloved in Christ,

      Peace and Love.

      Another year has come and gone. This was truly a
      year of change, but it was a good change. The
      Lord confirmed to me again that no matter what
      happens, He always opens new windows. I give
      thanks for his presence throughout the ups and
      downs of the past year.

      As we begin a new year, let us count the many
      blessings that God bestowed upon us in 2003.
      May the New Year bring us blessings of peace.
      I wish a blessed New Year to each and everyone
      of you.

      Please continue to pray for me.

      God Bless.
      Mark.