Visit to god's own country

  • Dr.GeorgeK John
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2003
      dear respected and blessed,

      my humble greetings to all.

      by the grace of God i could make another pilgrimage to
      'God's own country' our homeland recently. i was so
      pleased to see the swelled gathering in every church,
      i visited for holy querbana on sundays. every where i
      had to remain as an 'out standing' attender. the
      courtsy of our faithfuls towards the new attandants
      was so warm as they didnot want to happen to them any
      harm inside the church. every where the services were
      so colourful, harmonius and pleasing to auditon.

      PRAISE TO THE LORD.
      in one church i was sitting on the ground outside to
      listen the sermon. it was so thought provoking to me.
      the sermon was on the 'vajanippu to mary'. achan with
      every strong word discribed the pregnancy as illegal
      hence punishable. the greatness of St.Mary was that
      she accepted the above blame for God's sake.i was
      listening such words against Holy Mother in an
      orthodox church for the first time. Mary asked Angel
      how can it happen as she had no contact with a male.
      the reply was 'the Power of Holy Spirit will come on
      her'. our holy fathers explained it as incarnation of
      WORD. they discribed it ' karnathal avane
      kaikonduthare peri...........' therefore it could not
      be a natural pregnancy. St Mary nurtured the
      incarnated WORD in her virgin uterus to complete the
      gestation period and allowed the full grown infant to
      come out without damaging her 'kanya mudhra' it is a
      mystery to the world. therefore, Mary became the most
      blessed in the world. i felt very sorry to listen such
      dishonouring words on mother of God. was it owing to
      the compromise to the learned protastant schollar's
      theology.

      i would appreciate knowing more about our church's
      view on this with out accusing St.Mary -Yeldod Alho.
      with prayers

      Dr.P George K John
      Dubai, St.Thomas orthodox Syrian Church
      Dubai