Rules for marriages compiled by Abin Geogre

  • Sabu Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      I belong to St. George orthodox church Abudhabi and
      an ordinary member with no knowledge in theology or
      anything. But when I read the suggestions or the
      decisions of our great leaders the following thoughts
      came to my mind. I really feel ashamed to say I am
      a christian when I see ourselves fighting like street
      dogs. I am not only saying about IOC or SOC, but
      about all christian denominations and the sect
      groups . When we do something we should think whether
      t our actions are pleasing to God.

      It is very sad to read the letter of Mr. Abin George.
      Who are we to judge other people. The bible says God
      created man in his image. So all the human beings on
      earth is a replica of God irrespective of caste colour
      etc. And when the angels proclaim the birth of jesus
      it is said that " Do not be affraid, for behold, I
      bring you good tidings of great joy which will to all
      people. When we analize all our decisions in any
      denomination of christians we can find that some or
      other vested interests were there. It can be either
      financial or of position etc. God never works according
      to our plans, and sometimes we can't understand his
      plans because we are his creations. He has got his own
      ultimate plans which our mind can't understand. Just to
      cite an example, St.Thomas came to kerala and rooted
      chritianity in India, but when we failied to spread the
      gospel outside the boundaries , God waited indefanitely
      for 1600 or 1800 years and made the portugese and then
      East India company to come to India. Otherwise there
      wouldn't have been a single christian outside kerala.
      This is the way God's devine plan works. It is beyond
      our imagination or understanding. So we don't have to
      criticize others. This might be a God's plan. So Let
      us I mean each individual think and do things which
      will gloryfy God, then we can show the non-believers-
      Jesus or what christanity is meant.

      Sabu Abraham
      St. George Orthodox Church
      Abudhabi