Re: The Feast of Incarnation

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2003
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Thomas P wrote:
      > Malankara Orthodox/Jacobite Syrian Church adopted
      > this new calendar only in the 20th century. As a
      > result, the importance is now on Nativity (Xmas) on
      > Dec. 25 and associated festivities. Epiphany,
      > Annunciation etc. are almost ignored by people. Even
      > the feast of Martyrdom of St. Thomas is largely
      > ignored due to various Xmas programs, such as E
      > cumenical carols, parish celebrations etc.
      > Thomas P
      > st. Mary/St. George Orthodox Church, Thumpamon

      Dear Mr. Thomas P

      I fully understand and agree with your concerns and
      will support you for any move to fight for the
      ignorance of Epiphany & Annunciation regardless
      were we stance.

      I strongly believe, both are more important than
      Nativity. But we cannot ignore the important of the
      Nativity. Nativity is a Holy Mystery declared publicly
      for the whole mankind, and we should accept that and
      are bound to remember that. Whoever ignore this message,
      they are not be called Christens.

      St. Luke 2: 10-11
      "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of
      great joy, which shall be to all people.
      For unto you is born this day in the city of David
      a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

      Now regarding the remembrance date of this Heavenly Joy,
      it is not 25 December or 7 January or any other date.
      It is the Day, Time or Moment we read this versus or
      hear this versus or understand this versus. That moment
      is the Nativity for us. It's happens only in onetime of
      our lifetime. If ever we have a chance to get that gift,
      from that moment we are always in Christmas festivity.
      Else the Nativity celebration is just a celebration of
      show business as we all do.

      If I am wrong, please correct me.
      In His Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)