Re: X'mas father in our church carol service

  • Babu Maracheril
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2003
      Dear Brothers,

      Christmas greetings In the Sweet Name of Jesus Christ
      to you all

      Re the subject matter raised by Mr Issac K Joseph
      of Mar Thoman Church Mulanthuruthi DO deserve due
      attention from our elders and leaders and a clear
      directive from the Church Administrators.

      In my childhood, there were no X-Mas Father, nor
      any greeting cards, no Xmas Trees, but there was
      the LOVE of Jesus Christ and it was full of LIGHT
      from HIM.

      When we were children we had in our minds the
      picture of Infant Jesus in the Crib. But, I think,
      today's children (may be even the elders) have the
      picture of a red gowned, white bearded Santa Claus
      as personified as Christmas. Will tomorrow they
      misunderstand him for Jesus?

      We should try to reinstate the importance of Jesus
      Christ, otherwise all our celebrations will be
      useless.

      My personal opinion is that, we should stick to
      our traditions and be bold enough to defy the
      invasion of Western and Commercial interests.
      We do not want any practices where the Love of
      Jesus Christ is absent.

      Stay Blessed and may the love and blessings of
      Infant Jesus, who was born to salvage us, be
      with us always and for ever

      Babu Maracheril
      Martha Mariyam Valiapally, Kothamangalam

      St:George Universal Syrian Orthodox Church, Kuwait