Faith in God Will remove hatred - His Holiness Moron Mor Ignatius Zakka I

  • SOCM-Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2003
      Church jubilee festivities of St. Peter's Jacobite
      Syrian Orthodox Church in Salmaniya, Bahrain started
      on 12 December 2003.

      The Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox
      Church and the Patriarch of Antioch & All the East,
      His Holiness Moron Mor Ignatius Zakka I, was the
      chief guest at the event.

      The Patriarch celebrated the first Holy Mass at the
      Indian School auditorium in Isa Town on 12 December
      at 8.30 A.M.

      The silver jubilee meeting and public reception to
      His Holiness was also held at the same venue at 5:00 P.M

      STRONG faith and belief in God only can remove hatred
      and fear from people's hearts. The role of religion is
      very important in the modern world of rapid change,
      said His Holiness Moron Mor Ignatius Zakka I.

      "What we need is a renewal, that is, devotion to God,
      love toward fellow-beings, and respect of moral
      values," he told a reception in his honor, organized
      by the St Peter's Jacobite Syrian Church.

      "We have to work together bravely for the renewal
      and for a new and peaceful world devoid of enmity
      and hatred."

      The Patriarch said he was grateful to His Majesty
      King Hamad, who has granted freedom to all people
      to worship God according to their faith.

      He urged his people to work hard for the progress
      and prosperity of Bahrain.

      "We are living in a world of chaos. Lack of love
      and mutual trust are creating hatred and fear,
      which can be removed only with strong faith and
      belief in God," said the Patriarch.

      Islamic Affairs Under-Secretary Shaikh Khalifa
      bin Hamad Al Khalifa, who was the chief guest at
      the reception ceremony at the Indian School
      auditorium, stressed the need for people of
      all faiths to work hand in hand to promote peace
      and happiness.

      "The happiness of mankind depends on realizing
      and fulfilling the divine will and purpose,"
      he said.

      Shaikh Khalifa said the visit of the Patriarch
      helped renew the common bond of brotherhood,
      which unites Muslims and Christians.

      "The divine revelations given through the
      messengers of both religions help people attain
      happiness and eternal salvation," he said.

      His Holiness is accompanied by Patriarchal vicar
      and first secretary the Most Rev Julios Kuriakose
      and the Patriarchal vicar and second secretary
      the Most Rev Elias Athanasius.

      This is the second apostolic visit of the Patriarch
      to the Kingdom. The first visit was in March 1989.

      The second Holy Mass will be held at the St Peter's
      Jacobite Syrian Church premises in Salmaniya at 7.30pm
      on 14 December.

      On a private audience with SAMAJAM delegation at
      his place, H.H discussed their difficulties and
      struggles they are facing to keep their faith and
      reminded them about the early Christian communities
      struggle which is described in the book of Acts.
      H.H assured his prayers for them and their activities.

      Photographs of the public reception given to H.H can
      be viewed in our photo gallery with MSN, Please visit
      the following link.

      http://groups.msn.com/SOCM-FORUM/hhbahrainvisit.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=43

      More photographs will be uploaded as early as possible.