Re: Is December 25 really the day Jesus was born?

  • Claude Gu����rillot
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2003
      To all,

      We don't know zxacrly the date of our Saviour's
      birth. First, in Eastern Christianity, it was
      commemorated on january 6 but some people thought
      the Annociation was on the same day as the
      Passion, i.e. on mars 25. Then His birthday would
      be december 25.

      Ar Rome, in the year 354, the pope fixed our
      Saviour's birthday on december 25 and, a little
      later, the Epiphany on january 6.

      In my parish, the Nativity is celebrated on
      january 6. But the most important is to celebrate
      our Saviour's birthday !

      May the Christ, our God, keep all of us in His
      holy guard !

      Claude Guérillot
      Sainte Marie Mère de Dieu
      Montfermeil, France