Re: [SOCM-FORUM] A response from Rev. Dr. P. C. Eapen.

  • DANIEL BABU PAUL
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2002
      dear dipu,
      yr response to Thirumeni makes interesting reading. The present supreme court verdict provides for people like you and me who treasure the link with Antioch. Only, we wont be part of the malankara church. we can be under the Patriarch through metropolitans Benyamin, Yulios, Policarpos, Ivanios and Koorilose. For people who are safely away in USA etc. it would make no difference at all, but for those living in India there may be some practical problems , that is all.
      as an older person(I am 60+) I may be permitted to correct some patent errors. Our Patriarchs do not come from where Jesus lived. That is Israel and Palestine. Nor are they any more connected to Abraham than we Indians because they are Arabs.That is Gentile converts just like our forefathers.These are just facts for your knowledge: since both of us have ESSENTIALLY the same faith though our appreciation of law, history and theology may vary, I thought i would just caution you so that you would verify facts in future correspondence. There are other similar points in your answer which require editing e.g. Miletus left our side much before the agreed verdict about the Association, the present agreement is by Dionysius Thirumeni.Please forgive me for not pointing out all such mistakes; it is for want of time, not affection for a young concerned co-believer.
      may God bless us all(including Nicholavos Thitrumeni.)
      TOTUS TUUS MARIA