Day Dreaming!!!

  • Baby Gleeson Zachariah
    Message 1 of 1502 , Nov 26, 2003
      Dear all,

      Here is some exerts from the "History of IOC" as
      written by one Mr George C Thomas in IOC forum.

      1.""As per the constitution the patriarch's spiritual
      powers over Malankara church verges on to nothingness
      and he never had temporal powers over it.""

      1934 constitution was in operation in 64 when ougen
      stood on his knees before the Holy patriarch, in front
      of multitudes, with a sosappa on his head and recited
      in public his total allegiance to the Holy See. "" I
      the meek and humble ougen etc etc etc"".The author may
      kindly look into the very next days manorama to see
      the full text of ougens recital. Ofcource some people
      cannot keep their promises and word. But they are not
      counted among the normal human beings. And it has
      something to do with their genes.

      2.""In order to make both parties to unite together
      the judges prompted the Catholicose party, which won
      the case to yield to many of the demands of the
      opposition. Bawa Thirumeni even agreed to resign if
      the Assn declares that he is not the Malankara
      Metropolitan.""

      Can the author please inform us what was the other
      option of "bava thirumeni" but to resign, if defeated
      in the assn.

      3. ""Having found that none of his gimmicks succeeded,
      Mar Thomas Dionysius somersaulted and went to Damascus
      and got himself ordained as Sreshta catholicose of a
      New Society. This was not only illegal,but also immoral
      for a spiritual leader. Remember that the Patriarch
      had no right to do so, because there is only one Church
      in Malankara.He has no spiritual or temporal powers over
      it, Mar Dionysius and his faction thus reaffirmed their
      exit from the Orthodox Church and its constitution.
      This being the case they have no claim over any parish
      church or properties belonging to the 1662 parishes in
      the combined church that came into being in 1958. Moreover
      there cannot be any other Church in Malankara recognizing
      the Patriarch of Antioch. So Mar Dionysius's claim that
      he has created another church under the Patriarch is
      wrongful and illegal. His new church can be a part of any
      other oriental orthodox church, but not under the Patriarch
      of Antioch.""

      Can somebody give the meaning of this rubbish

      On one side the Patriarch doesnt have any role in
      Malankara, He is an externer . And on the other side
      there can be only IOC in malankara accepting the
      Patriarch and there cannot be any other church which
      can accept the Patriarch.

      People have a right to day dream and to fantasise. But
      people who have been fantasising and day dreaming from
      95 till now should be definitly tested for their
      mental balance.

      rgds
      Baby Gleeson Zachariah
      St George Jacobite Syrian Church