Day of Remembrance - Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono - November 28

  • SOCM-Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2003
      Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono(Jacob Baradeus)

      Today, We celebrate the remembrance of the Holy
      Father, Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono, celebrity of Edessa,
      one among the real chief of the Syrian Church (known
      after him as Jacobites).

      According to our Malankara Church Calendar for 2003,
      we do celebrate the feast day of the Holy Father on
      November 28th.

      Let us pray:

      O holy Father Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono, intercede with our
      merciful God to help our church walk through the odds
      and grant peace to its faithful

      In your intersection
      Forum Moderators
      SOCM-FORUM

      PS:
      In the Malankara list of feasts, Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono's
      feast date is given as Nov 28th. The feast date
      according to Patrirach Aphrem Barsoum's Scattered Pearls,
      the Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church and
      Patriarch Zakka I's encyclical of Feb 12, 2000 are
      all July 30th.

      Biography of the saint
      http://sor.cua.edu/Personage/Qadishe/MYacqubBurdcono.html

      Encyclical from Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka I on the
      1500th anniversary of birth of Mor Ya`qub Burd`ono
      http://sor.cua.edu/Personage/Qadishe/MYacqubBurdcono.html