Re: Basic differeces between Orthodox and Jacobite faction.

  • Alex Jojo Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2003
      Dear Brother Thomas,

      I had written this to you earlier.But as most
      of your mails voice against the term Jacobites,
      let me have a say in the Forum.

      Before going on to the evolution of the term,
      please try to coin a name for the church under
      Catholicose Mathews II..Decide upon the various
      names your people use now..Malankara Orthodox or
      Malankara Syrian Orthodox or Indian Orthodox or
      the other local suggestions like Kottayam Syrian
      Church or Devalokam Syrian Orthodox or St.Thoma
      Church or Vattassserites(as a tit for tat).

      Eventhough rejected by SOC earlier,the term Jacobites
      was forced to be used by circumstances in Malankara..
      And I feel proud of it.

      And one major point you missed out in the first list
      is (Which should be 3rd entry in the list):

      All churches which is not ready to accept whatever
      MM-Devalokam Lobby suggests are supposed to be closed
      down for ever.

      Regards
      Alex Jojo Joseph
      St. George Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Chapel
      Kavumbhagom
      Thiruvalla

      St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church
      Queen's Road
      Bangalore