Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: Daniel Babu Paul - Association Meeting

  • J P
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 7, 2002

       Dear SOCM members,

      "Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote to me--- "I see all the said things are right and apt"

      My reply: -  Thanks very much.

      "Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote --  "But I have a question and that is; Do you really believe, or are you sure, the Jacobytes with its present head, the Patriarch still uphold the 'Koonan Cross Sathyam'?"

      My reply: -  I strongly believe in our present Patriarch of Antioch & all the East, 'H.H Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas', who for me is a living Saint.

      "Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote -- "To my knowledge that faith stands abdicated by the Head".

      My reply: -   SORRY !!!!

      John Philip

      "Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote:

      I see all the said things are right and apt.
      But I have a question and that is.....
    • Thomas Issac
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 7, 2002

        "To all those who wanted to read the truth"

        We don't beleive this Rev.Dr. K M George (a Catholicose faction spokesman) who is the principal of Kottayam Seminary.  His job is to praise the Patriarch in HH's presence (at Damascus) and when he returns he starts criticizing H.H and also tries to downgrade the universal Syrian Orthodox Church through many of their mouthpieces; if anyone have any doubt, please go through the periodicals published in the last few years from Devolokom Catholicate aramana.

        Now in recent times,  to trap the Jacobite syrians, like many others in his Church, he too has given a superficial statement in a newspaper.  (His tactics is well known to the people of Kottayam).  But what we the Jacobite Syrians really wanted, is a written statement from the Catholiocse Mathews II regarding similar issues, which until now the Catholicose is reluctant to even respond.   When mediators like Oommen Chandy, (a Catholicose faction politician) contacted us, we the Jacobite Church, again and again requested for an amicable solution.   But the 'official' Catholicose faction's reply was that "we accept all these, but first you (Jacobites) participate in the election conducted by our Catholicose, after that we will consider....".  From this very statement of Catholicose faction leadership, it is very clear that they are not at all interested in real peace, but what their leadership wanted is just to trap the Jacobites Syrian Christians, just as they had done in 1950's, 60' & 70's.  Remember the Catholicos faction has send notices to every Simhasana Churches & E.A.E churches, all of which as per the Supreme Court order, is under the direct juridisction of the Patriarch of Antioch and are not at all included in the Malankara Association.  Are they(Catholicos faction) doing all these according to the Supreme Court order ?  Can anyone, ever rely the present Catholicose faction leadership?

        About the meeting of Kottayam clergies with Catholicose Mathews II -  In reality, only 2 Priests met the Catholiocose at Devolokom, 2 others where there to support them and these four priests together requested the support of other clergies of the diocese.  Among the above said priests, one fellow is already a supporter of the Catholicose faction for the last few years.   Three more were were ready to accept the Catholicose, but only subject to certain conditions such as that, 'the Syrian Church as a whole must accept the Catholicose faction'.

        But in the 'Diocesean Pothuyogam' (membership of 63 churches) held on 24th Januaray, the entire people strongly opposed these ideas of a very few clergies, so they (the above mentioned 7 clergies) have to drop the idea (Details are available at the diocesean headquareters).  After that every church has given a letter signed by the respective PARISH PRIESTS, addressed to the diocesean bishop His Grace Mor Thimotheous Thirumeni, the Catholicos designate H B Mor Dionysius Thomas and other responsible authorities, declaring that, under the present circumstances they are not at all willing to be trapped into the association organized for the Catholicose faction.

        Thus in reality only two met the Catholicos, but when the news reached america, someone intentionally multipled it with 15.  Above all, the two priests who met the Catholiose, hadn't till now signed or submitted any papers to the Devolokom Catholicose. One among them owns a Church by himself, but he had already declared that under no circumstances, he will hand over the church to the Catholicos faction.

        This is the fact.  If anyone have any doubt about the authenticity of what we explained, you can check the signed papers submitted by the Priests & the churches to our Metropolitan, that are avaialable at the Cathedral Church,  Tel: No.564490.   We are forced to write all these, because at present, many are trying to demoralize the Jacobite Church through false informations published in many forums and their only intention is to trap the Jacobite Syrian Christians into the Catholicose faction's fold through false propaganda.  These types of tactics by the Catholicose faction leadership will continue until March 20th.  So be careful !!!

        Malankara Voice

          "Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote:

        To my knowledge Dr KM George, orthodox spokesman, declared that they are ready to accord deserving honor to Patriarch. I also heard that the same thing the catholicose gave in writing to about 30 Kottayam clergies who met him last month. Can you please verify that news? If it is correct it addresses our concerns, right? Love, Johnachan......
      • V Thomas
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 7, 2002
          Dear Achen,

          What is deserving honour?They accept Patriarch only as per constitution.The constitution says
          for the Patriarchs ordination Catholoca is must.Hence present,Partarch is not recognized
          as per constitution.After an association conducted some how,when catholica is made Malankara Metropolitan,
          this is what they will say.Once cheated in1958  we must be real gullible do repeat the same mistake.
          The Association notice itself says to 'declare Catholica as Malankara Metropolitan' ,not to elect one.

          Many political and religious dignitories tried(HG Cyril Mor Basaeleos,President
          catholic Bishops council also tried) to arrange a meeting between Patriarch and Catholicos during HH visit to
          Chingavanam-at least tea together.Orthodox leadership refused , for the same reason.(If they have to recognise
          Patriarch,HH may have to be reordained.!!!)
          When it comes to the core no spokesman is there.They will float many statements.Newsflashes about mediation
          by YMCA,Eccuminical forums,leading persons will come and all failed because of Jacobites obstinacy.Hvae they moved an inch?
          This is all propaganda  to confuse our people.
          You said situation has changed.? How is that?We were seperated based on the issue of St.Thomas Throne.
          (The question of Swayam serhatham)They still hold on to it.They filed  a case saying 1054 churches are theirs and this
          association is based on verdict of that case.Now they have 1500 churches,including our church in Bangalore in the list.
          That is the difference.There is no change other than few more Metropolitans has changed over to the other side.
          love and regards
          vmt

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 10, 2002
            i appreciate your sentiments. may god bless you.
            catholicose was, still is, willing to sign a joint declaration accepting the Patriarch and annex thereto all Supreme Court orders and the Constitution, personally signed on every page. The patriarch PERSONALLY found it satisfactory, but there were people on both sides who opposed. for every word we say against them they have two words to say against us, starting from saying that Mar Thoma was a kappiar( that is how they put it!!). the sensible thing to do now IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES AS THEY EXIST TODAY is to say whatever we want to say INSIDE the church. we have already made a number of educated people run away to Pentecostal groups etc.by not going to the Association we are opting out voluntarily from the malankara church, unless the Supreme Court would do a volte face andsay something they have not said so far. anyway the church is the body of Christ. God will guide.let us keep praying that His will be done.
            TOTUS TUUS MARIA
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 10, 2002
              While agreeing with our respected "son of the church" my deep agony is that why people do not think seriously why well educated and active people born, bought up, taught in the faith of the church is deserting it! Certain over enthusiastic people instead of finding sufficient reasons, simply brand them as ignorant, disobedient, cheater, selfish and so on while people who are fit to be called so remain in the fold and no one takes notice of it.
              I have also some such story to tell.
              Back in early seventy's  I wrote to the then catholicose, V Rev Paul Remban later Mor Gregorious, Editor of Malankara sabha weekly, Illustrated weekly and etc. Some of the members in this form know about it. I miserably regret for the words then I used out of my extreme interest and faithfulness to Patriarch. When understand realities are made known by experience, I hope every one would have enough to regret.
              My appeal to everyone in Christ's love is that we Indians take servitude as our birth right. Submission is not servitude. So contain all divisive thought and work for unity and peace.
              I heard someone say can SC dictate our faith, etc. Let them think that SC did not interfere voluntarily. We were the one who went to court and wanted its verdict. So let us respect its verdict and that is minimum courtesy. Moreover SC verdict says, "both parties agreed for unity". Those who say, "divide" mean that this statement is a lie? Fr John KK.