Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2003
      "The mind of a heedful man is as it were a
      watchman on duty, or an unsleeping guard of
      the inner Jerusalem. Standing at the height
      of spiritual contemplation, he looks with an
      eye of purity upon the enemy powers who go
      around and attack his soul, in accordance with
      the Psalmist: 'And my eye hath looked down
      upon my enemies' (Ps. 53:9). From his eye the
      devil is not hidden, who 'as a roaring lion
      walketh about seeking whom he may devour'
      (I Pet. 5:8), nor are they who bend their bow
      'to shoot in the dark the upright of heart
      (Ps. 10:2). And thus such a man, following the
      teaching of the divine Paul, receives 'the whole
      armor of God, that [he] may be able to withstand
      in the evil day (Eph. 6:13), and with this armor
      and with the cooperating grace of God, he repels
      visible attacks and vanquishes invisible warriors."

      St. Seraphim of Sarov.
      "Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face
      evermore!" Psalm 105:4