Another distortion by IOC member

  • Zachariah Minnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2003
      Dear all,

      Mr. Thomas P wrote in Indian Orthodox Forum Digest # 999

      >There is dispute about the revenues from Manjinikkara.
      >According to Simhaasana Church constitution, the money
      >is piped to Damascus as "rishisha". But people are
      > against this, many are against the Simhasana bishop.

      Can Mr. Thomas P tell us where we can get a copy of the
      so called "constitution" of Simhasana Churches??

      Dear Sir,

      Simhasana Churches is the property of the Holy See.
      The title deed is in the name of the Holy See. And
      there is no "constitution" for the Simhasana Churches,
      for the simple reason that nobody makes a constitution
      for his own property.

      Even though earlier only churches like manjanikkara,
      malecruz, piramadom, arthat etc came in this
      category,after 74 there was a tendency among many
      parish churches to be part of the simhasana
      churches.(thanks to the unending court cases by IOC,
      this was the best way out). So presently there is
      almost 150 parish churches which have declared
      themselves as simhasana churches. But these churches
      have been permitted by the Holy See to be governed as
      per the wishes of the parish assembly, and as per the
      byelaws of the trusts which own them.

      Regarding "piping" money to Damascus, frankly I
      thought you people had stopped this allegation.

      Two weeks back IOC Catholicos in a press statement
      alleged that "foreign" money is being pumped to kerala
      by Jacobite church and the government should conduct
      enquiry about it.

      So you mean to tell us that there are two pipes full
      of money, one going from kerala to Damascus and the
      other pipe coming from Damascus to Kerala.

      Frankly sir, you and IOC Catholicos can spend time in
      under water exploration searching for those pipes.

      Anyway "37000" strong IOC faithfulls in Thiruvalla
      have made sure that both the main fronts and the BJP
      and IFDP have fielded candidates who are IOC "by birth
      and by deeds"

      Persons who were pointed out by Catholcos of IOC and
      surroundings, as "orthodox by birth and deeds" are
      presently engaged in scuba diving.

      Rgds
      GLEESON

      PS: There is a property in mannar, by name St Peters
      Church, whose title deed is in the name of the Holy
      See. Arikupurath mathen, the great grandfather of a
      present day managing commitee member of IOC had given
      the title to the Holy See in the presence of
      Chathuruthil St Gregorious.

      Of late many news have come out on huge
      misappropiration of funds in this church( almost 2.5
      crore annually) And the "pally samrakshna samiti" have
      gone on public record that they wont allow the coffers
      to be opened after the Perunal. Probably it may
      eventually lead to the return of the church to the
      rightfull owner.