47th "Kerala Piravi" Greetings (1 November)

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      We wish you all Happy Celebration.

      On this 47th state formation day, let us all
      stand united, sinking all differences of caste,
      religion and politics, and face the challenges
      with determination and a strong sense of dedication.

      In Our Lords Love
      Forum Moderators
      *************************************
      For Non Keralite members

      Kerala History

      Kerala the southern most state of India took
      birth on 1st November 1956, long after Indian
      Independence on 15th August 1947. Beforehand
      it was three Independence provinces named
      Malabar, Cochin and Travancore. Kerala originally
      got its name after the first ruler, Keralian,
      who ruled one of these Independent provinces in
      the early Centuries.

      Kerala Stretch along from Gokarnam to Parasala with
      Arabian Sea as the border on one side. The other
      border is the western Ghat with the rich flora and
      fauna.

      According to the Hindu mythology Parasurama, the
      sixth incarnation of Mahavishnu (The God-Lord),
      created Kerala. Parasurama flung his "Mazhu" (a weapon)
      from Kanyakumari (cape comerin) to the sea and the
      sea receded to create the land Keralam.

      To understand more about Kerala please visit
      http://www.kerala.gov.in/index.htm