Re: IOC's unity moves with RCC

  • Johnson Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      Dear Mr. Mathew Varkey,

      About the unity talks with RCC taken place in the
      early twenties, what you said is cent percent correct.
      Though belonged to a steadfast Orthodox family of
      Niranam, my grand parents were one of the first to
      follow Mar Ivanios when he formed the Reeth Church as
      he was a relative of my late paternal grand mother
      (she was from the Panicker family of Mavelikkara where
      Mar Ivanios also belonged to). My late father possessed
      a very good knowledge of these developments in the Church
      and I had had the opportunity to hear from him the whole
      story on many occasions.

      Now it has become a fashion in the Orthodox circles to
      simply criticize Mar Ivanios for all what had happened
      while they totally forget their own faults which ultimately
      led to the division in the Church.

      Though I endorse your views completely, I would like to
      add that it is a sheer waste of time convincing people
      like Mr. Thomas P. who is trying hard to make his fantasies
      become realities.

      Regards,
      Johnson Varghese
      Kuwait