Seperation of Church and State.

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      Mr. Joseph Pulikkunel is ardent supporter of
      seperation of state and religion. In my opinion,
      religion do have a role to play in the Government,
      at least they can help the government to fullfil
      the duties. So, a total seperation of Church and
      state is not a healthy trend. Western nations are
      learning the consequences of this concept.

      Read here:
      http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/10/27/italy.president.crucafi
      x.ap/index.html

      "President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi argued Monday that the cross is not
      only a religious symbol but also a representation of Italian values.
      His comments came after numerous Italian politicians and Roman
      Catholic Church officials came out against a judge's ruling last week
      that ordered crucifixes removed from a regional school. Italy is a
      secular state, but a law from the 1920s says schools must display the
      cross."

      Today all kinds of symbolisms are allowed in schools, including wierd
      tattoos etc. but Cross is not allowed! Is this seperation of Church
      and State in the opinion of Shri Pulikkunnel?

      Let us not blindly support an opinion just because the opinion
      temporarily favors a faction.

      regards,
      -Thomas P