TRUE FAITH MAINTAINED BY PROPER MATRIMONY

  • Babu Maracheril
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2003
      Dear brothers

      May we seek your support to solve an issue ?. The issue
      of Jacobite Girls who do not like to get married off to
      other denominations, especially NRI girls who have little
      choice other an to agree for some marriage of conveniences,
      mainly into IOC, Marthoma or CSI. Similarly boys in gulf
      and western countries opt to take girls from non-jacobite
      faith.

      If an example is quoted; A girl working in Kuwait got more
      than 10 marriage alliance proposals from relatives of boys;
      most of them Marthoma and 2 IOC - she and her family dont
      like to go out of true Jacobite Faith -

      Can we try to understand the feelings of these help-less girls?
      Shall we keep sacrificing these innocent girls? Who is
      responsible if such a girl is pushed out of our faith?

      One of my relative opted to marry an IOC girl and now he is a
      regular at their service. One of my good friend married a
      Marthoma girl and now he is not coming to our church and
      having his own prayer group. Another one against Hail Mary
      and also agaist distributing Nercha Appam on Dukharono's of
      our Saints and Holy Fathers.

      These types of marriages of course will ruin the future of
      their kids esp in matters relating to true faith. We can see
      lot of kids who should study in Jacobite Sunday Schools are
      now going to Protastant, semi-protastant, non-episcopal
      congregations and also to IOC SS.

      Valuable opinion from matured members and clergy are invited
      to form guidelines in this matter

      Truly in love and service of our good Lord Jesus Christ

      Babu Maracheril