List of Colleges & Hospitals in MOSC Website

  • Johnson Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2003
      Recently while making a tour to the official web site of
      Malankara Orthodox Church i.e.

      http://www.orthodoxsyrianchurch.com

      (a website hosted and maintained by the `great' MGM Infotech
      which was also behind the fake Manarcad St. Mary's Church
      website),

      I was surprised to see that St. Thomas College, Ranni (a
      sole property of St. Thomas Knanaya Valiya Pally, Ranni,
      which has nothing to do with MOSC) has found a place in the
      list of colleges owned by MOS Church. Besides that they claim
      to have owned two colleges of Engineering at Kothamangalam:

      - One is Mar Athanasius College of Engineering with Dr. Winny
      Varghese as its Principal.

      - The other one also holds the same name with Dr. Garcius as
      Principal.

      I'm hardly aware that two colleges of engineering, both in the
      same name, function at Kothamangalam. (If I'm wrong, please
      correct me!).

      In the list of hospitals as given in this site, St. Mary's
      Hospital Manarcad and Mar Baselius Medical Mission, Kothamangalam
      too have found a place.

      Moreover, they claim that they own a hospital in Madras in the
      name of MADARS Medical Mission, in which name there doesn't exist
      a hospital in Madras as I enquired.

      If MOSC apply the same criteria by which they added the above
      colleges and hospitals, they could have added a number of other
      colleges and hospitals also in their list like, Mar Athanasius Art
      College, Kothamangalam, St. Mary's College, Manarcad, BPC College,
      Piravom, and the recently opened BPC College at Piramadam. Even if
      they do so we can't blame them since this is exactly what we expect
      from someone with no "sense of shame".

      As one of my friend aptly said, these people will even dare to add
      colleges like BCM and CMS or even Government College, Nattakam and
      Government hospitals like District Hospital, Medical College, etc.
      etc. in their list as they can easily find a reason for their doings.

      What we can do is to pray to God to give them wisdom.

      Regards,
      Johnson Varghese