Pray for the saints (Based on Bible).

  • Philip Oommen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2003
      Pray for the saints (based on Bible).

      (A devotion prepared by Philip Oommen, Trivandrum)

      Dear Brothers and Sisters

      The following is one of my personal prayers. Hope, it would
      benefit you. Objective of this prayer is to get more wisdom
      from God for every Orthodox Christian (in both denominations).
      All saints are at a cross road now due to the ongoing fighting.
      Church is losing its Christian testimony. We crucify Christ
      among gentiles and give them a chance to laugh at our God.
      Remember how much God loves us. � God so loved the world
      (say the Orthodox Church in place of world) that He gave His only
      son, Jesus Christ, that who ever believes in Him/(say in our Church)
      may have eternal life�.

      Many people say that Church Peace wouldn�t happen in our life
      time. But I believe that peace can be accomplished if peace loving
      people pray and attack the problem in Jesus�s way. Our ancient church
      fathers solved problems based on Biblical teaching. It is every
      Christian�s duty to intercede to God on behalf of the Church. It is
      quite painful to see the fighting for nothing. Fighting is against
      the will of God. I am a peace loving man and so this devotion is
      issued to encourage peace loving saints to pray together for peace.
      Peace can�t be created since it is the third fruit of Holy Spirit.
      First fruit is Love. God will answer our prayers by giving love, joy
      and peace (John 14:27). Nothing is impossible for God.

      Pray for the living saints* in the Orthodox Church (both denominations).

      � Pray to God for the saints*, to give them deep spiritual understanding,
      to help them live for Him, to give them more knowledge of Himself, to
      give them strength for endurance, to fill them with joy, to give them
      strength and thankfulness, and so also let them know what He wants them
      to do, speak boldly and make the gospel�s secret known to the church,
      so as to live a life honorable in every way (Re: Col 1:1-11,
      Hebrew 13:18-19 and Eph. 6:19,20). Salute every saint in Jesus
      (Philippians 4:21). Love the Lord, O, all you saints (Ps 31:23). Fear
      the Lord, O, all you saints (Ps 34:9)�

      List of present day Orthodox Church saints*

      1.40 Bishops who rule dioceses ( Remember their names in prayer)
      2.Managing committee and Synod members (Remember their names in prayer)
      3.2500 Priests
      4.Hundreds of Sunday school teachers and other church workers
      5.4.0 million members

      * Faithful believers in God have been called �Saints� from BC 800�s
      till today (Ref. Psalms and New testament)