Are you Born Again? Part 3

  • Fr. Philips Sankarathil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      Inheriting Eternal Life.

      Observe the commandments: distribute your possessions unto
      the poor: and follow Jesus.

      "Our pastors are not saved and they destroy congregations."

      Mat.7:1. Judge not, that ye be not judged. Please leave the
      judgment to the Lord. We should not direct our disagreement,
      anger or animosity towards anyone. The questions such as "are
      you born again? Have you received Jesus personally? Are you saved?
      etc. directed towards another faithful comes from insecurity and
      shallow faith.

      After all Salvation is a gift from God. Worrying and agonizing about
      heaven all the time is not a healthy sign of faith. You receive the
      sacraments and observe the commandments not to earn heaven but
      because you are a child of God. A God's child cannot do any of the
      wrong doings you have mentioned in your article.

      "Main line Church"

      Is there such a thing as main line and off line church? The Church
      is the body of Jesus Christ. It is One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic.

      contd.... Part 4
      Fr. Philips Sankarathil