Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2003
      Rise from love of the world and love of pleasure. Put care
      aside, strip your mind, refuse your body. Prayer, after all,
      is a turning away from the world, visible and invisible. What
      have I in heaven? Nothing except simply to cling always to You
      in undistracted prayer. Wealth pleases some, glory others,
      possessions others, but what I want is to cling to God and to
      put the hopes of my dispassion in Him (cf. Ps. 72:25, 28)."

      St. John Climacus.
      "In mercy and truth Atonement is provided for iniquity; And by
      the fear of the Lord one departs from evil." Proverbs 16:6