Are you Born Again? Part 1

  • Fr. Philips Sankarathil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      To My Dear Sheela Isaac and all others concerned,

      I respect and salute the zealousness of Ms. Sheela Isaac.
      I agree you 100% on all the biblical quotes you mentioned
      in your article "Mature Christian". Your line thought goes
      parallel with the Jacobite teachings. It seems to me that
      you are craving for the Living Water but the weeds in the
      church disturb you. The garment of a faithful should be
      clean. I'll be rewarded if the following lines may of help
      to you.

      Are you a born again Christian?

      Yes I am. We are. I can testify in front of any forum, be
      it a Judicial, or Ecclesiastical, or Heavenly Judgment, all
      Orthodox Christians except the new born babies whom are not
      yet baptized are born again Christians. The sacrament of baptism,
      which is authorized and established by Jesus Christ, is the gateway
      through which all enters into the kingdom of God.

      John 3:3&5. " Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom
      of God. Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot
      enter into the kingdom of God".

      Mat. 28: 18-20. "…All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
      Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
      the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to
      observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…" See, all
      things He commanded. Not some.

      Would you consider an Indian born and raised man who happened to be a
      criminal not an Indian citizen? Does he lose all his constitutional
      rights just because he broke the law?

      Is it an enough reason to call a person less than a man because he is
      bald? Can a woman with only one hand be treated less than a woman
      just because she lacks a limb?

      Is the teacher responsible for a student not doing his home works or
      goofing up, or flunking the test? Is the government responsible for
      the citizens disobeying the laws? Whom can you blame for the broken
      bones of the man who jumped off a cliff? Did God forced Adam to sin?

      About two years ago I met with a person Mr. Ajay from Chungam, Kottayam,
      India. He is known by a nickname "Undapakkru" in the Movies etc. His
      total height is about 30 inches and weighs about 20Kg as opposed to
      your ideal man being 6 feet 2 inches and about 85 Kg.

      Is it possible for you to call Ajay a thing or inferior to a human?
      How about his soul? Do you know how much his achievements are? At
      that time he was studying for his Masters Degree in MG University,
      the same time working as an accountant in a private firm in Kerala.
      His stage performances and movie acts entertain thousands in India,
      Middle East, Europe, and North America. He conducted the marriages of
      his two sisters bearing all expenses including paying dowry. In short
      he is the breadwinner of his family. His dwarfism does not hold him
      back.

      Just because a person commits some wrong doings or lacks some "ideal
      qualities" be it physical or spiritual will not make him any lesser
      person. He may have to answer for his actions. No bishops or
      priests or Sunday school teachers or the preachers in Jacobite church
      teach a faithful not to observe the commandments. The doctrines,
      etiquettes and teachings of the Church are of superior quality by any
      standards. Immoral or illegal or filthy or disobedient life of an
      adult is his choice. Even one among the twelve chosen apostles was a
      corrupted man, let alone the ordinary man. How can it be the
      inefficiency of the Church?

      To be contd.... Part 2

      Fr. Philips Sankarathil
      Detroit, USA / Oct 3, 2003