Communion with RCC-reply to Mr. Thomas P

  • Zchariah Minnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      Dear thomas p,

      As usual you have diverted from the subject.

      In your earlier posting you had said that the
      byzantine and oriental orthodox chuches do not permit
      any communion with the RCC.

      You had meant it as a potshot on SOC, since SOC is in
      communion with RCC in certain specified areas.

      My question to you was,

      1) If the oriental and byzantine orthodox churches are
      against any communion with RCC, why IOC had almost a
      year and a half of dialogue with RCC to have an
      agreement on communion??.

      2) Where do IOC belong to?? byzantine or oriental??
      IOC shows features of both as the situation warrents.
      or is there a new "devalokam orthodoxy"

      I had expected a straight answer. but you have given a
      write up on the church division.

      Frankly i am surprised why there are hundreds of
      "orthodox" churches worldide. In places like rumania
      and bulgaria there are seperate orthodox churches for
      every province.(smell of a new american orthodox
      church is also there for quiet some time)

      If there is uniformity in faith for all these churches
      who "claim" to be orthodox, then worldwide we need to
      have only one orthodox church.

      So definitly some difference of opinion with regards
      to faith is there, and hence the divisions.

      This is exactly what has happened in malankara too.

      One more addition( its IOC which is newly added as SOC
      is already there) to the hundreds of "orthodox"
      churches doesnt make a difference and we need not be
      unduely worried about it.

      We should be more worried about finding a platform for
      peacefull coexistence.

      rgds
      GLEESON