Be Prepared To Accept The Judgement

  • DR M.S.ALEXANDER
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      Dear Sir,

      The Supreme Court Judgement on the dispute between the
      Jacobite Syrian Church and Malankara Orthodox will be
      declared in a short time. Up to this time both sides
      used to go to courts and when the judgement was against
      one side that side used to ignore the judgement, and
      the winning side insisted that the defeated side should
      comply with the judgement. Every one going to the court
      should accept that only one side can win. Both parties
      cannot win at the same time.

      We should be prepared to accept the judgement whether we win
      or loose. Both sides worship the same God and say the same
      prayers and have the same sacraments.

      I like to remind the readers one example from Holy Bible.
      (Mark 9:38-40)Apostle John said to Jesus,"Teacher,we saw a man
      who was driving out demons in your name, and we told him to
      stop, because he doesn't belong to our group." "Do not try to
      stop him," Jesus told them,"because no one who performs a miracle
      in my name will be able soon afterwards to say evil things about
      me. For whoever is not against us is for us."

      Upto this time one side tried to stop the other side worshipping
      in the church, burying the dead, offering the sacraments etc,etc
      all in the name of the case. Even innocent persons were killed
      in the name of church. Both sides preach one thing in the church
      and practice the opposite in the street.

      Court cases are very expensive, and it divide our people if we do
      not accept the outcome. Let us accept the coming judgement,what
      ever be the outcome, and stop all future fights, and practice what
      we preach. If we do not do this, there will not be any more money
      for future court cases from our people or for our mission works.

      DR M.S.ALEXANDER, LEEDS, ENGLAND