Mature Christian

  • Keep Pending
    Message 1 of 1502 , Sep 22, 2003
      In every church and in a christian community, we find two
      types of christians.

      1. Nominal Christians
      2. Real Christians

      1. Nominal Christian:
      It looks that this group is the dominating group in all
      the Churches. Jesus also said in Mat 7:13, "Enter by the
      narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way
      that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in
      by it.Mat 7:14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult
      is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find
      it.

      How true His words are. Many are in Christian homes, but they
      do not know what the true Gospel of Jesus Christ is. Many spend
      their entire life hearing Christ's teachings (life giving word),
      but still miss the very life itself. They hear the true Gospel
      through out their entire life but alas they do not find the Savior
      (Jesus). They live in Christian homes, but still lose heaven. Why?
      They stay as nominal christians till their death. They stay away
      from Christ, the life giver. The inefficiency of our churches is
      the major cause for their ruin. Our pastors, most of whom are not
      saved and who do not know how to lead a holy and clean life are
      the major stumbling blocks for the destruction of their congregation.
      That is why Jesus said to the Pharisees, and Priests of His time:

      Mat 23:23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay
      tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier
      matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to
      have done, without leaving the others undone.

      Mat 23:27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are
      like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but
      inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

      Mat 23:28 "Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but
      inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

      Mat 23:29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you
      build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the
      righteous,

      Luke 11:52 "Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of
      knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were
      entering in you hindered."

      Don't we see the same picture repeated today in our churches also?
      Our church fathers and pastors don't want to go to heaven and neither
      do they want to see their congregation going to heaven. That is why
      our churches are full of such christians born in christian homes, who
      are members of the church, who have christian names, but still they
      are not christians, in the true sense, according to Bible.

      Acts11:26 ...... And the disciples were first called Christians in
      Antioch. According to Bible not all the people were called christians
      but only disciples. Those who followed Christ, those who were ready
      to walk in His footsteps, those who wanted to stick around with Jesus
      all the time, those who were even willing to die for Jesus were
      called disciples.

      What about you? Are you a true disciple of Jesus Christ? Do you know
      Him personally? Do you have close relationship with Jesus? Do you
      have that holiness and integrity in your life, which is required for
      being a disciple of Jesus Christ? If not you need to repent from your
      sins and to reconcile with Christ to get the discipleship.

      2. Real christians:

      John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to
      you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

      John 3:7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

      Here Jesus is talking to Nicodemus. He was not talking to an ordinary
      person. But Nicodemus was a very learned man, he was a Priest
      (Pharisee) of a synagogue. Jesus said to him, "unless one is born
      again he cannot see the kingdom of God." That's it. It is so plain
      and simple. Jesus said it. But alas, our Churches are not ready to
      accept it. It has become an offensive word for main-line churches. If
      you talk about born again exprrience and bring the words, "born
      again" in your message, the congregation will gnash their teeth
      as if something very wrong has happened. When our churches do not
      believe in the spoken words of Jesus, when they do not have respect
      for Jesus' words, why they are going to respect? As long as churches
      ignore the words of Jesus, it will continue to produce Nominal
      Christians.

      When a person gets saved (born again), the person becomes a member of
      the family of God (Jesus) John 1:12.

      John 1:12, "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to
      become children of God, to those who believe in His name:" Today we
      do not need the membership of a church to reach heaven, but off
      course we need membership in the kingdom of God. If you are not saved
      till today, if your sins are not forgiven till this time, know for
      sure that you'll not be able to see the kingdom of God and entering
      into heaven will be a distant dream. Those who are washed by the
      precious blood of Jesus are Real Christians but others are not.

      A cat born in a garage does not become a car. In the same way, a
      person born in a christian home does not become a child of God. Your
      parents may be saved but it cannot make you an heir to heaven. Your
      husband or wife may be a born again believer, but it does not give
      you assurance of a place in heaven. It is your own personal
      commitment with God which make your ways straight before God. It is
      your obligation and responsibility to get your relationship correct
      with God before the time runs out.

      Al-right now let's see who the Mature Christians are:

      1. Who walks in the ways of God
      2. Who keeps their garment white all the time
      3. Who does not quit in the middle

      1. Who walks in the ways of God:

      Walking in the ways of God means obeying God all the time. You cannot
      walk with God only on Sundays and the rest of the days doing things
      your own way. Many look holy on Sundays in Church, but as soon as
      they come out of Church they start doing all kinds of stuff which are
      sinful in the sight of God like drinking, watching filthy things in
      TV, telling lies, cheating and so on. If you are doing such things,
      you are still carnal, that is, you are a nominal Christian. If you
      are not obeying God even after receiving salvation, nobody else can
      help you out. If you practice such things even after salvation your
      salvation may not last forever.

      Bible speaks about Moses, the man of great faith and integrity. He
      was a very faithful prophet because of his faithfulness towards God
      who spoke to him face to face.

      Num 12:6 Then He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet
      among you, I, the LORD, make Myself known to him in a vision; I speak
      to him in a dream.
      Num 12:7 Not so with My servant Moses; He is faithful in all My house.
      Num 12:8 I speak with him face to face,

      Bible tells us that God met Moses at a burning bush. He says to
      Moses, "go and tell the king pharaoh 'God says let my people go'."
      Here is a man who is living happily with his family in the land of
      Midian. Here he is in a very comfortable position and God of Israel
      comes to him and says, "go to Egypt to deliver My people." Moses
      could have known very well that it is not an easy job to stand before
      the king of a land and say, "my God says so." He could have easily
      killed Moses since no one has authority to give a command to a king.
      Moses might have known it. That is why he argues with God saying that
      he is not eloquent and does not fit for the job. Exo 3:11 But Moses
      said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should
      bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?"

      Task was very heavy before Moses, even this task could have killed
      him, but Moses was determined to obey God. That is called walking in
      the ways of God. Ready to obey God even in impossible situations. He
      obeyed God, he was a trustworthy man, a faithful man before God and
      that is why God exalted him. He could lead 600,000 people to victory.

      2. Who keeps their garment white all the time:

      Rev 7:13, "Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are
      these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" Rev
      7:14, "And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These
      are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their
      robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

      When a person gets saved the white garment (garments of
      righteousness) is given to him/her. It is expected to keep the white
      garment always clean, stain free and wrinkle free. Eph 5:27, "that He
      might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or
      wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without
      blemish." Jesus is coming for His bride, which is having white
      garment without any blemish or spots on it.

      Every saved person has a duty to keep their white garment clean. It
      means continuous walk in holiness is a must for every believer. Think
      about it, if you are wearing a white, beautiful, silky, shiny wedding
      gown in a party. If you drop something suppose coke on it how you
      will feel. You'll feel embarrassed, ashamed to face people because
      your gown is now stained in brown color. The same thing happens to
      your spiritual garment too. When you speak a lie here goes a coke
      stain on your garment. When you cheat somebody you've dropped the
      cake with lots of cream on your garment. When you spread false rumors
      about anybody you've dropped the pasta with sauce on it. When you
      drink in a bar or at your house though nobody is watching you but
      you've dropped the chicken curry on it. When you sit before TV to
      watch all kinds of filthy and ugly stuff you've dropped the fruit pie
      with lots of jam (jelly) on it. Oo...Ooo...now your dress looks
      really ugly, yucky, messy, smelly. No one wants to come near by you.
      You do not want to show your face to anybody either.

      Here is the list of sin: There are several similar lists in Bible. We
      need to correct ourselves daily according to Bible.

      Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,
      fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
      Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies,
      outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
      Gal 5:21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of
      which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past,
      that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of
      God.

      Many are living in sin and have stained their garments already. They
      have messed it up beyond repair. What about you? When Jesus will
      return for His bride how will you look before Him? Think about it,
      how much holiness is needed to stand before Him with white, spotless,
      wrinkle free garment.

      3. Does not quit in the middle:

      A Mature Christian will not quit any time. Let wind blow, let storm
      rage, let tornado and hurricane come, nothing makes you afraid.
      Nothing makes you to quit. Moses did not quit at the banks of red
      sea. David did not quit when he was fleeing to save his life. Paul
      did not quit when he was put in prison.

      I once read the Fox's book of Martyrs It tells the stories of people
      who lived for christ and suffered for him and finally died for him. I
      could not read it fully, the reason is that I had no courage to read
      about the horrible sufferings of people who suffered for Christ.
      History says that John the revelator who wrote the last book of the
      Bible 'Revelation' had gone through horrible suffering. He was put in
      boiling oil. You can imagine what would have happened to him when he
      was told that he is about to be put in boiling oil. They might have
      told him, "Renounce Christ or get into the frying pan." I do not know
      how he could hold his faith. I heard that, "he was flopping in that
      boiling oil. But he was not dying. When they saw that he was not
      dying they pulled him out with the help of a stick. His body was
      totally disfigured. But some version says that he escaped
      miraculously uninjured from the boiling oil. History says, that after
      that they kept him as a prisoner in the Isle of Patmos where he wrote
      the Book of Revelation.

      Many suffered for Christ and even died, but they refused to quit.
      What about you? Are you a mature christian? Are you walking in
      holiness? Is your garment, which you got at the time of salvation,
      still white? Are you ready to meet your creator Jesus Christ anytime?
      Think about it.

      May God help you to stand for Christ till the end
      By Sheela Isaac
      From the desk of moderators

      Bible is not a book which anybody could quote as they wish.
      Partial or out of context quote will do fatal damage than
      helping a soul. The Bible should be understood based on for
      the purpose, which it is written. It is not a complete history,
      or biography, or story, or chronology book. From the beginning
      to the end each Verse is to compliment the other. One verse
      cannot be interpreted against another, or against the Central
      Theme. Christianity will collapse if you extract Judaism out of it.
      Because it is built on Judaism as a continuation. Even our Qurbono
      Thaksa is written using Hebrew worship as a template. Each student
      of faith should have some basic background knowledge about the bible
      even before they starts studying it.

      Yes, Jesus commanded that you should be born again and you are. You
      should obey all the commandments and receive the Sacraments. Do not
      misunderstand that you can earn Salvation but it is a gift from God
      through his only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

      A cat born in a garage has no comparison to a child born from faithful
      parents. There are many evidences in the history of Christianity to
      prove it. In the earlier Church there were people received Baptism for
      their loved ones who were not baptized before their death. Jesus healed
      many accepting somebody else's faith. Apostles baptized the entire
      families on the basis of one man's convictions. Saint Kuriakose was
      only a baby (3Years) when he became a martyr. You do not have to be
      at certain age to receive Salvation. If you can be biologically born
      without your consent by the act of your parents you can be "Born Again"
      with the same parents' wish.

      Even though the posting is against the teaching of our Church, we are
      approving with out EDITING it for the healthy discussion among our members
      and safeguarding their faith against any sort of misguiding they may face
      in their life.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members