Sunday School: A General Study (Part 9)

  • Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy CorEpiscopa
    Message 1 of 1502 , Sep 20 12:04 AM
      SUNDAY SCHOOL: A GENERAL STUDY

      Part 9

      Prepare children for worship participation by:

      1. Worshipping (praying) at home
      2. Visiting worship places and introducing to Church
      leaders.
      3. Introducing to new people who worship
      4. Helping to say responses in the worship services.
      5. Participating in other sacramental services:
      Baptism, etc.
      6. Training to get involved in worship services
      7. Preparing physically, mentally and emotionally.
      8. Parents' participation
      9. Talking about what happened after the service.

      Fifteen Guidelines:
      1. Obedience is better than sacrifice: 1 Samuel 15:22
      cf. 3:19
      2. Honor parents: Exodus 20:12 cf. Genesis 46:29
      3. Listen to parents: Proverbs 23:22
      4. Be obedient to parents: Ephesians 6:1-2
      5. Avoid the temptations of the world: Proverbs
      1:10-19
      6. Be faithful: Hebrews 11:1
      7. Be truthful /sincere: "Come to the knowledge of
      truth" (2 Timothy 3:7)
      8. Be submissive: in all reverence: 1 Timothy 3:4
      9. Be excellent: Wisdom is ethical and moral
      associated with excellence - truth, righteousness and
      knowledge: Proverbs 8:6-11.
      10. Be sensible: Evaluate the five senses when
      doing/talking.
      11. Study the Holy Scriptures: The spoken word and the
      incarnated word: 2 Timothy 3:15-16
      12. Keep the Law / commandments: Proverbs 28:7
      13. Honor elders: Leveticus 19:32
      14. Prepare children for worship physically and
      emotionally
      15. Introduce children to the leaders and visitors of
      the church.

      To be contd... Part 10

      +Very Rev Thomas P Mundukuzhy, CorEpiscopa
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love